Pontiac Trans AM 2011 ?

Begonnen von Sethos, 20. Mai 09, 14:57

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

chrislechef

Ich denke nicht, das GM für die 5er Generation der F-Bodies auf Zeta-Plattform jemals ernsthaft an einen Firebird-Bruder für den Camaro gearbeitet hat. Zwei (äußerlichkeiten mal großzügig ausgenommen ) so ähnliche Fahrzeuge zu fabrizieren scheint sich nicht mehr zu rentieren, wenn man allein um den Absatz eines Modells zu kämpfen hat  :skandal:. Und wie Cam2000 schon meinte: GM's Karren steckt richtig tief im Dreck. Die Modellpolitik der letzten Jahre hat bis auf wenige Ausnahmen jedenfalls erheblich dazu beigetragen..  :-[ Mit dem Camaro und der Corvette alleine wird Chevrolet/GM heute jedenfalls nicht das Geld machen können.

Sethos

Hallo,

Hier also wie versprochen die Antwort von ASC-Designer David Byron :

Thank you for responding to our article in High Performance Pontiac. I added your contact info to our list and will keep you informed when we reach the next phase of the project. Even with Pontiac's demise we are continuing on with this Trans Am proposal. There has been a huge response from the industry and enthusiasts like yourself. I have a few questions here and I would really appreciate your thoughts and comments. It's really going to help us determine the best path for succuss in making the TA a reality.

In addition to the cost of a Camaro, what price would you be willing to pay for an exterior modification package similar to what you have seen in photos so far?

a.        $5,000-$8,000
b.        $8,000-$13,000
c.        $13,000-$20,000

Does the Trans Am package interest you if it came with stock Camaro performance options such as the V6 RS or V8 SS?

Would you be interested in a Trans Am with a turbo charged version of the 304 hp V6 that matched the power of the V8 but offered better MPG?

Would you be interested in a hybrid version of the Trans Am if it maintained or even improved performance while also improving MPG?

With the future withdrawal of the Pontiac brand from GM's line-up, would you still be interested in purchasing a "Trans Am" branded product without the Pontiac association?

Would you be interested in purchasing a Trans Am from a source other than a certified GM dealer?

Would you be interested in the Trans Am if you the customer provided your Camaro to a specialty installation center for conversion to a Trans Am?

If you could pass this onto anyone else interested in the Trans Am and have them email it to me I'd appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

David Byron
Senior Designer

Nun liegt's an euch, dem Herrn zu antworten:  dave.byron@ascglobal.com  Meine Reaktion hat er schon !  :thumb:

Mfg,

E.
Das Leben verhält sich wie Autos, Laster sind schwer zu bremsen...

grim_reaper

ich würde ein body kit gar nicht schlecht finden. sind wir einmal ehrlich... ausser des (ich nenne es mal so) bodykits sind die 4thgen camaros und firebirds auch beinahe dasselbe. von dem her finde ich die bidykit lösung eines modernen trans ams auf basis des camaros gar nicht so daneben und nicht von so weit her geholt. einfach der umstand das es pontiac nicht mehr gibt und das das kit nicht von pontiac ist, macht das ganze zwiespältig.
1973 Firebird Esprit 5.7L V8

Sethos

Zitat von: grim_reaper in 18. Jun 09, 09:31
einfach der umstand das es pontiac nicht mehr gibt und das das kit nicht von pontiac ist, macht das ganze zwiespältig.

Soviel ich gelesen habe, verhandelt ASC mit GM, den Namen Pontiac kaufen und sogar nutzen zu dürfen, mit der
Genehmigung von GM... D.h. dann quasi eine Auferstehung.  :thumb:

E.
Es wird also doch kein Body-Kit sondern ein eigenständiges Auto, was allerdings Blechteile des
Camaro benutzen wird, aber lest selbst...

Hier die letzte Mail :

Hello Fellow TransAm enthusiasts.

To all of you I personally want to thank everyone that has been part of the huge response to the ASC design study of a new TransAm.   

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/hppp_0908_2011_pontiac_trans_am/index.html

The response has been overwhelming, both via email and by the telephone calls that we have received here at ASC, and unfortunately I have not been able to personally respond to everyone.  A lot of the comments, suggestions and questions are similar from a majority of the enthusiasts, and I will respond to them as best as I can at this time.   

How is this project coming along?
        Straight talking and to the point.  We are currently still looking for serious and qualified investors to make this reality.  This is not an easy task, given the current world economy and the continuing changes in the auto industry; GM and Pontiac in particular.  Turning our design into a one-off show car is one thing, designing for production is a whole new set of demands.  ASC has a strong reputation for quality products supported by quality design and engineering.  We will not compromise this in a program, and are currently working toward building relationships that would guarantee a great product and not an ill-fitting and poorly designed TransAm to make a few bucks.   

Will this be a kit or an assembled car from the factory?   
        We are not going to offer a body kit. We are looking at a few new ways to make this TransAm exciting yet cost effective as an as-delivered finished product.   
What performance options will you offer?
        Time will tell.  While we would like to offer the vast array of options that were available in the past, today's government regulations for certification of emissions and fuel mileage are not negotiable.  There are some high tech people that have interest in this project that may offer something pretty stout -whether conventional or non-conventional that could provide additional power and driveability.  The basic performance capabilities of the Camaro are pretty amazing although we agree that it would be nice to have something special under the hood.  Performance isn't just horsepower, also equates to enhanced torque, improved handling and braking as well.

While the majority of responses, probably 95% were very positive of the appearance of the model, several writers offered some valued suggestions, to which I will respond.   
        The design is based off of the current Camaro sheetmetal.  All metallic stamped panels welded as the structural unibody need to be held, as cutting, welding or restamping would be cost prohibitive for a conversion.  Valid reasons for this are re-validation for FMVSS crash and safety standards, structural integrity, corrosion protection, manufacturing, assembly and general quality control.  This isn't a Corvette or body on frame design.  ASC has a professional design team that has sketched many different designs for the new TransAm, and through the process of design reviews and car-guy instincts, we produced two physical models.  Our design team settled on design cues from the 1971-1973 models and more loosely the 1977 "Bandit" version.  Overwhelmingly it was decided the basic proportions and design features are quite capable of being efficiently manufactured as well as capture the essence of TransAm.  So do the concepts have mixtures of different design cues from the past?  Sure, we recognize and are comfortable with that.  Why does this have a "Mustang?" scoop on the rear, put that thing on the front fender where it belongs you say?  Well, there are three Camaro strakes stamped in the rear quarter panel that need to be covered up. As a matter of fact the original 1967 and 1968 Firebirds had six little details on the rear quarter panel.  We would love to get rid of those strakes and put that air extractor on the fender, and if anyone has a good idea how change the Camaro quarters that are already in production, please, by all means, let me know!

Can I get a white one with blue stripes, why didn't you build what I wanted?
        Sure! Paint, trim and details are not a big deal!  We hope to offer custom paint and decal packages as well, but we have to get through a lot of details yet before the paint is applied!   

When can I get mine?
While there may be others out there that have kits ready for the aftermarket, or sketches on the internet, we do not have design parts finalized, and therefore cannot estimate when, or if, the TransAm will be available.  I have had some interesting conversations with people that may be able to make this happen.  As stated above, we are still looking for the investment.

For further comments and requests, please note that we have opened a new email address transam@ascglobal.com.  Here we can more easily track and collect information from those of you that are interested in our progress.  I must admit that I am just as disappointed as you are that we don't have any really good solid news to report at this time.  While the Camaro is just getting out in the market, and owners are enjoying their new rides, the TransAm is still a strong possibility as far as I am concerned.  Camaro, by design, is limited in production at this time.  The industry here in Motor City has gone through an extremely rough year, and still changing very rapidly.  It is this rapid change that may make this a great opportunity at the right time.  When that time is right, and we are confident we will not be projecting a $3 bill with smoke and mirrors, ASC will announce it's intentions and move full throttle forward.

Thank you for your interest,

Regards,

Steve Nowicki                                                                       
Design Director/General Manager                                   
ASC Creative Services                                                       
www.ascglobal.com                   
Auf dem Nürburgring während Testfahrten erwischt :

In der letzen Ausgabe von Pontiac HighPerformance-Magazine ist dann auch ein Camaro mit dem Body-Kit zu sehen,
welcher Angeboten wird um daraus einen 'T/A' zu machen.

Hier im Detail was der Kit beinhalten soll :

-Exterior

1' - 1.5' Lowering Kit w/sway bar handling upgrade
Wheels & Tires
Front: 20x9.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 275/45ZR20
Rear: 20x11.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 305/35ZR20
Hood
Shaker Scoop
Fender Extractors
Exhaust Conversion w/ splitter tips
Rear Fascia Clip w/tail lamp lenses and bulbs
Rear Spoiler
TA Graphic Package

-Interior

Embroded Head Rest and Console Lid - KM Graphic Punch
Turned Aluminum Door Panel
Turned Aluminum Dash Inserts
Turned Aluminum Instrument Cluster
Door Panel Badges
T/A SN Badge and Designation

Leider noch kein Preis....ab 2010 !!!

Gruss,
E.

GTAKnight

Bezüglich neuem Trans Am, hab ich in amerikanischen Foren etwas gestöbert und dabei dieses interessante Bild gefunden. Sieht aus nach einem modifizierten 2010er Camaro. Sowas könnt ich mir als Trans Am vorstellen ... :) Was meint ihr?

Drebin

Das Teil ist ja der absolute Wahnsinn *sabber*  ;D

Aeisbir

kneavel

ja, das ist jetzt aber wirklich mal geil, die sonstigen concepte sehen dagegen ja  :wuerg: aus  :loveit:

derholländer

Endlich mal eine Front die sofort als Firebird zu erkennen ist (nee nicht das Kitt licht :ugly: )

:thumb:

Sethos

Zitat von: derholländer in 15. Sep 09, 15:15
Endlich mal eine Front die sofort als Firebird zu erkennen ist (nee nicht das Kitt licht :ugly: )

:thumb:

Ich erkenne dort aber NUR eine modifizierte KITT-Front...

maverik-tg

ich finde den Trans Am kitt super.
Entlich mal wieder was an den Retro sachen Orientiert. Auf jeden Trans Am gehört einfach der Riesen Adler drauf. So wie es bei dem 2 Gen ist.

*sabber* *sabber* ::)

Aeisbir

Kitt hin oder her....
Das Auto ist g.....

GTAKnight

TheFab

Also, ich finde die ASC Interpretation eines modernen TA auf 5th Gen Camaro Basis ja sehr nice. Aber heute hab ich eine weitere Firma entdeckt, die dessen ebenfalls angenommen hat.
Der Name der Firma ist Lingenfelter und hier mal ein paar Bilder:

Die Rückleuchten könnte man noch ein wenig verbessern, aber ansonsten find ich das Concept echt sehr gelungen.

FriB

hja Lingenfelter sollte den meisten hier ein Begriff sein (Corvette: *lechtz!!*)

aber ohne mich jetzt damit auseinandergesetzt zu haben wirkt das ganze ziemlich FAKE auf mich!

Schaut euch mal das hingebastelte Hinterrad an (Felge)... also sowas kann ein 3 jähriges Kind mit MS-Paint noch besser!! Der Rest wirkt gut, aber die Felgen?! Ausser ich blicke hier grad echt nicht durch :frage: ^^
A Camaro looks like it will beat you - but a TA looks like it's coming over to do it... :P