1991 1LE Z28

Begonnen von mcgarnicle, 29. Jul 17, 11:10

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mcgarnicle

Hello,

New member here, but been around the F-bodies in Europe scene for about 10 years or so.  I currently have a 91 1LE that I bought a couple of years ago.  I put a LS1/T56 in it almost immediately after buying it.  It had already been modified before I bought it, and since it could never be original again I thought I just build it the way I want.  It had 33k miles on the body when I got it and sitting around 45k miles now. 

I also have a 97 Z28 that I bought cheap last year.  I was hoping it would be an easy repair, but unfortunately I had to take the whole motor apart.  The block is at Yankee Motors right now getting cleaned up and ready for reassembly.  Hoping to have it back together in the next month or two. 

Ken

91 Z28 1LE

vH

Welcome to FBN :welcome:

My English is very bad...but I´ll do my very best.

GrußvH

Rocky48

Howdy Ken,
welcome to the club of so called "huge displacement freaks"  ;)
I guess, I've seen your Maro in Böblingen this year
Maybe we see us at the SNC Nuernberg somewhen
Regards from Upper Franconia
79 TA bought 79 / buried 81
81 TA bought 81 / sold 89
93 Bird  bought 2011 / sold 2014
92 Bird bought 2014 / sold 2024

andy

Servus Ken,
welcome to FBN! Have fun and good luck for your project. Please keep us up to date.  :thumb:
Cheers

bephza

Hello Ken,

welcome to f-body-nation in germany.
I have seen your freaky camaro on the HOS dragrace 2016 ;) or was it 2015? mhhh....

regards
melle

BenZ28

Welcome & very clean 3rd Gen do you have!  8)

mcgarnicle

Zitat von: vH in 29. Jul 17, 21:52
Welcome to FBN :welcome:

My English is very bad...but I´ll do my very best.

GrußvH

Danke Shoen!  Ihre English ist besser als Mein Deutsch.

ZitatHowdy Ken,
welcome to the club of so called "huge displacement freaks" 
I guess, I've seen your Maro in Böblingen this year
Maybe we see us at the SNC Nuernberg somewhen
Regards from Upper Franconia

That could be I live in Erlangen, so meets in Nuernberg are easier than Boeblingen.

ZitatServus Ken,
welcome to FBN! Have fun and good luck for your project. Please keep us up to date. 
Cheers

Thanks Andy!  I will do that.

ZitatHello Ken,

welcome to f-body-nation in germany.
I have seen your freaky camaro on the HOS dragrace 2016  or was it 2015? mhhh....

regards
melle

Hi Melle,  I think it was 2016.  I wanted to get an idea how fast it was, but unfortunately the timing equipment was broken the day I was there.

ZitatWelcome & very clean 3rd Gen do you have! 

Thanks Ben!  I liked the old IROC I used to have during the FBodyEurope days, but this one is waaay better

automatisch zusammengefuehrt

A friend of mine in Hohenfels had an 85 IROC that he recently wrecked and sold to me.  It's at another friend of mines being disassembled, the engine and transmission is going into his 55 Chevy truck, but I'm planning to sell most of the leftover parts once I am allowed on the sales page.  It's too bad, it was a really nice car....

91 Z28 1LE

FlorianGee

Welcome  :thumb:

A true 1LE with an LSx dropped in - what a machine! ;D  An LSx in a 3rd Gen could spark my interest in that generation again... the TPIs sound and look nice, but once you experience the power of an LSx it's very hard to go back to a TPI :skandal:  I tried and failed, LOL :ugly:

Hope to see you and your F-Body one day at a meeting, maybe Böblingen next year. I couldn't make it this year.

Ouch, so sad to see those last pictures :'(
LSx

mcgarnicle

Zitat von: FlorianGee in 31. Jul 17, 23:59
Welcome  :thumb:

A true 1LE with an LSx dropped in - what a machine! ;D  An LSx in a 3rd Gen could spark my interest in that generation again... the TPIs sound and look nice, but once you experience the power of an LSx it's very hard to go back to a TPI :skandal:  I tried and failed, LOL :ugly:

Hope to see you and your F-Body one day at a meeting, maybe Böblingen next year. I couldn't make it this year.

Ouch, so sad to see those last pictures :'(

The LS is better in every way compared to the old cast iron TPI that was in it.  Lighter, faster, and runs a whole lot cooler.  When I bought it the previous owner had put a modified LT1 intake in place of the TPI and had already put a LT1 T56 in it, so it would never be exactly original again.  I used the T56 in my 89 IROC to fix it and sell, and then I just sold off everything that came off from the old setup.  That helped finance all the little things that I needed for the LS swap. 

I'll try to make it out for the meet next year.  Is there only 1 F body meet during the summer?
91 Z28 1LE

FlorianGee

Yes, there is only one dedicated F-Body Meeting in Germany which is organized by Chris. But there are many US car meetings where you will find scattered birds.

There are only two things I really like about the TPI: the intake, it is one of the best looking factory intakes I know of (hint: my avatar), and the sound. I do like that old, deep, rumbling sound of the TPIs that resembles big ship diesels :lechz: But technically the LS1 is better in every aspect. And the aftermarket is just huge.

Concerning mods to a rare car, I'm in the same boat as you are. If the previous owner didn't already heavily mod the car I would have never started it. But once you stepped into the dark side... ain't no going back! >:D
LSx

DerSaarländer

Hello and welcome

Your car catched my eyes at Böblingen motorworld because my iroc has same color.  I hope i can finish that project after 2 years of work in a small Garage.

More Power like your s would be nice but  i fall in love with the 305 TPI 

At least there  is the Problem with the "Oldtimer Zulassung "
86 Camaro IROC-Z 5.0 TPI

Aven X

Hi & ello Ken,

just want to through a "welcome" to ye, even i joined this forum after ye.
The blue 3rd gen is a real eyecatcher, very nice indeed.
The yellow one reminds me somehow to an old game called Destruction Derby ...

Greets,
Sascha

Hudson

Hi Ken.

You ve got a pn from me.

Regards,
Oliver